Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Journey... continues

Yesterday I wrote about a time,
where I visited the River Styx,
It proved to be one of the hardest
trips that I had to make,
Giving my little one to the boatman,
Still my journey goes on.
My daughter...she still comes to me,
in my dreams,
sometimes as a infant,
sometimes as a toddler,
sometimes as a child,
I always know when she's here.
Looking after her mommy.
She lets me know that,
she is OK.
She is happy and content.
And sometimes it makes me wonder,
Why am I not as happy as my
Mickey-Girl.

Well, today I am making an affirmation.

I choose life.
Grief is a powerful thing.
For 8 years, I have let it consume me.
Devour my heart and soul until,
there was nothing left to give
to anyone else.
Today, I choose happiness.
I choose to look at life as a blessing,
not a burden.
Instead of thinking of what could have
been... I am looking at what I have.
I choose tranquility,
I choose peace,
I choose prosperity,
I choose to love,
I choose to live.



My life has been a series of uuupppsss and dddooowwwnnnsss.



But I choose to be me.
Had it not been for those life
lessons. I would not be the person
that I am today.



Today, I choose the top.
I will be successful,
I will be rich beyond my wildest imagination,
In life, love, and riches,
I will speak nothing but positive thoughts,
For they will re-align my life.

I come from a long lineage of
great Southern Ladies and I
will make them proud. I will be
the lady that I was groomed to be.



For everyone else:
I will see you at the top.
Mediocracy has never been
in my blood. I will not
fall prey to it now.
I hope that you see the greatness
in you that I have found in myself.



Lots of love, peace, and tranquility,

Signed,
Ms. Alfreda "Fre-" Whatley








PostScript: Sometimes you have to get a little rain in your life to see the rainbows. For me... it has been 8 years of rain and sometimes, I wondered would it ever cease. My faith faltered at times. I became downtrodden. But as a woman... I know that my God is an awesome one and She gave me everything that I need to survive in this very big world. See, I have learned when life gives you lemons... just learn how to make Lemonade. I don't know how you like yours but I like mine tangy but sweet just like me.

XOXO,
Fre-


2 comments:

  1. Fre, I'm so glad I found your blog through Twitter! I'm just wondering, do you ever do spoken word poetry? I used to frequent Sunday nights at Java Monkey in Decatur and your style would fit right in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful and your writing is incredible! Though I have not walked your path or lived your journey, I hold tight the hand of any woman had adversity in her life. Holding on and watching your journey from afar
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete